Research topics we are interested in:
- Interaction techniques for mobile, embedded, and ubiquitous systems
- Crowdsourcing and human computation
- Interaction techniques adapting to engagement, intend, or certainty
- Supporting movement learning with technology
Open Thesis Topics
- Hand Gesture Recognition via EMG [Bachelor/Master Thesis]
- Position Detection of Electrode Grids over EMG [Bachelor/Master Thesis]
- HapticHead - Notification patterns [Bachelor/Master Thesis]
- Talking Head Dialog System - Implementation and user study [Bachelor Thesis]
- Interactive 3D eye tracking interface for 2D displays [Bachelor/Master Thesis]
- Interactive 3D eye tracking interface for virtual reality [Bachelor/Master Thesis]
- Smooth pursuit in Virtual Reality - Implicit VR eye tracking calibration [Bachelor/Master Thesis]
- Acoustic signature verification [Bachelor Thesis]
See theses page for more details.
HapticHead is a novel around-the-head tactile display which can be used as an output system for moving tactile 3D guidance cues or immersive applications in Virtual- and Augmented Reality.
The Let Your Body Move ToolKit is a rapid prototyping toolkit for generating and testing mobile force feedback with electrical muscle stimulation.
EmojiZoom is a novel emoji entry method for mobile devices built around zooming interaction. It allows for 18% faster emoji entry for novice users and large further improvement for trained users.