Research topics we are interested in:
- Interaction techniques for mobile, embedded, and ubiquitous systems
- Crowdsourcing and human computation
- Interaction techniques adapting to engagement, intend, or certainty
- Supporting movement learning with technology
Open Thesis Topics
- Active Navigation [Master Thesis]
- Spectrophone: A novel apporach for surface classification with smartphones [Master Thesis]
- AR Search for bookshelves [Master Thesis]
- A Mobile Force Feedback Device and Path Planning Approach for Obstacle Avoidance [Master Thesis]
- Position Detection of Electrode Grids using EMG Raw Data [Bachelor/Master Thesis]
See theses page for more details.
Zap++ is an prototype stimulator for fine grained electrical muscle stimulation (EMS). It is designed to enable complex, mobile EMS Feedback.
HapticHead is a novel around-the-head tactile display which can be used as an output system for moving tactile 3D guidance cues or immersive applications in Virtual- and Augmented Reality.
The Let Your Body Move ToolKit is a rapid prototyping toolkit for generating and testing mobile force feedback with electrical muscle stimulation.
EmojiZoom is a novel emoji entry method for mobile devices built around zooming interaction. It allows for 18% faster emoji entry for novice users and large further improvement for trained users.